Monday, July 23, 2012

The Yummy Baby and the (Not So) Giant Peach

Went grocery shopping yesterday. I'm always on the lookout for what new thing I can give TYB and this week, I had planned on buying bananas. But they had these:

Peaches! I don't think I've had fresh peaches before, so I indulged my inner social climber and got a couple. I figured I could always get bananas another time. 

Please don't tell my husband, but it was only when we got home that I remembered peaches being one of the Dirty Dozen foods that we should try to buy organic because of the high pesticide content. Like I'm ever going to find organic peaches in the Philippines! But, since TYB would only eat a few slices at most, I rationalized that the benefits of having a new food experience would outweigh the risks of pesticide exposure, right?

So for breakfast, I peeled and sliced half a fruit and gave her a few wedges. She loved it! Yay! The texture was just right so she could easily bite off a piece and chew with her gums. There was some gagging, but she quickly figured out how to spit it out, and went right back to eating.




It was sweet and tart, and not too mushy so TYB was able to get a good grip, which meant minimal slippage and waste (since it cost almost a hundred bucks per fruit). Score for social climber momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment